Friday, March 02, 2007

WebKit Bounty

Jesse Ross said:

I would like to start a bounty for the port of WebKit to GNUstep. In
order to receive the bounty, the following requirements must be met:

- The port should use the latest code (as of 2006.02.28) from the WebKit Subversion repository as located at http://webkit.org/
- All patches must be submitted back to the original codebase. We would like to avoid a fork by getting GNUstep support in WebKit proper.
- Along with the port of WebKit itself, the potential bounty recipient must also include a GORM palette for embedding web views in GNUstep applications.

Upon completion of the above items and a code review by selected third-party developers, the bounty will be disbursed within 60 days after code delivery. The amount of the bounty is $500 USD -- if others would like to offset some of my personal cost, or contribute to the bounty, please contact me and I will coordinate the transactions.


and Peter Cooper followed

It's going to be a non-trivial activity, so I've offered to match his $500. I'm in favour of having some sensible sunset clause on the bounty, but I'll leave that to Jesse to think about.

No comments: